The Great Ocean Road and Melbourne!
Well as expected the great ocean road trip was brilliant. There were only 5 of us on the 3 day trip but it was great! The company I went with (Goin South) is relatively new and the owner was our driver. He did everything possible to make the trip one of the best I've been on in Oz. The first day started wine tasting (yes more) followed by caving (probably not the best combination!)
It was definitely something different but I don't think I'd be taking it up as a full time hobby any time soon! After the caving we went to the drivers hostel and had a fabulous home cooked meal, probably the best I've had to date. It was yummy!!
The next morning we were off to the Grampians and a trek up Mt.Hollow. It was so hot that day that I actually got burned! The view from the top was amazing!
From Mt Hollow we headed to Reed Lookout and the Balconies where I very boldly climbed down to one of the balconies which is forbidden!! Oops!!
Then came Mackenzie Falls and about a million steps. It was perfect going down but I was cursing on the way back up I can tell ya!! That night we stayed in best hostel in Australasia! It's in Warrnambool and it's worth going to Oz just for this (well, maybe not JUST for this!)
The following morning we headed for the start of the Ocean road with the first stop being the amazing Bay of Islands before we went to London Bridge.
This was attached to the mainland until 1983 and you used to be able to drive over it. Infact, the day it collapsed there were people on it and they had to be helicoptered off. It's a miracle they weren't driving over it as it collapsed! Afterwards it was off to Loch Ard and a lovely little coastal walk before getting to the long awaited 12 Apostles. The weather was just so amazing that day and I felt so exhilerated considering the last time I was there it was pissing down cats and dogs and it was windy as hell, resulting in Alison being a drowned rat!!
I don't think you'd ever get sick of looking at this coastline, no matter how many times you see it as you're always going to see it with a different light, more clouds or something else that will alter it.
On the way to Melbourne we stopped at Apollo bay for some fish and chips and then onto Kennet River to feed the birds!
This was great fun and one actually landed on my head at one stage! we arrived in Melbourne around tea time and I was actually quite sad that the trip was over as it really was brilliant! If you're doing the trip do it with Goin South!!!
Then there was Melbourne and one of the best weeks of my trip! It was completely mad and full of drinking, which I'm sure my mother and father don't want to hear but they always taught me not to lie!! I met up with people from other trips, people from home and new people and it was fun all round.
One of the highglights for me was obviously the Neighbours tour!! I know I'm so sad, but it had to be done!!
I know you're all REALLY jealous!! But then there was also the Melbourne cup!! I was so lucky to be here at the right time. This is the biggest sporting event in Oz and the whole country stops for a half an hour for this one race. For all of us that were at it, it was a a full day of dresses, drink and laughs. Not to mention freezing our asses off in our little dresses!!.
It really was such a great day and was finished off nicely with a flutter in the casino!!
I met so many wonderful people in Melbourne and it's definitely a week that I'm going to remember fondly for a very long time. It's a beautiful city and the shopping is amazing!! Definitely a city I could settle in for a while!
So long Melbourne, I've had a ball!!!
It was definitely something different but I don't think I'd be taking it up as a full time hobby any time soon! After the caving we went to the drivers hostel and had a fabulous home cooked meal, probably the best I've had to date. It was yummy!!The next morning we were off to the Grampians and a trek up Mt.Hollow. It was so hot that day that I actually got burned! The view from the top was amazing!
From Mt Hollow we headed to Reed Lookout and the Balconies where I very boldly climbed down to one of the balconies which is forbidden!! Oops!!
Then came Mackenzie Falls and about a million steps. It was perfect going down but I was cursing on the way back up I can tell ya!! That night we stayed in best hostel in Australasia! It's in Warrnambool and it's worth going to Oz just for this (well, maybe not JUST for this!)The following morning we headed for the start of the Ocean road with the first stop being the amazing Bay of Islands before we went to London Bridge.
This was attached to the mainland until 1983 and you used to be able to drive over it. Infact, the day it collapsed there were people on it and they had to be helicoptered off. It's a miracle they weren't driving over it as it collapsed! Afterwards it was off to Loch Ard and a lovely little coastal walk before getting to the long awaited 12 Apostles. The weather was just so amazing that day and I felt so exhilerated considering the last time I was there it was pissing down cats and dogs and it was windy as hell, resulting in Alison being a drowned rat!!
I don't think you'd ever get sick of looking at this coastline, no matter how many times you see it as you're always going to see it with a different light, more clouds or something else that will alter it.On the way to Melbourne we stopped at Apollo bay for some fish and chips and then onto Kennet River to feed the birds!
This was great fun and one actually landed on my head at one stage! we arrived in Melbourne around tea time and I was actually quite sad that the trip was over as it really was brilliant! If you're doing the trip do it with Goin South!!!Then there was Melbourne and one of the best weeks of my trip! It was completely mad and full of drinking, which I'm sure my mother and father don't want to hear but they always taught me not to lie!! I met up with people from other trips, people from home and new people and it was fun all round.
One of the highglights for me was obviously the Neighbours tour!! I know I'm so sad, but it had to be done!!
I know you're all REALLY jealous!! But then there was also the Melbourne cup!! I was so lucky to be here at the right time. This is the biggest sporting event in Oz and the whole country stops for a half an hour for this one race. For all of us that were at it, it was a a full day of dresses, drink and laughs. Not to mention freezing our asses off in our little dresses!!.
It really was such a great day and was finished off nicely with a flutter in the casino!!I met so many wonderful people in Melbourne and it's definitely a week that I'm going to remember fondly for a very long time. It's a beautiful city and the shopping is amazing!! Definitely a city I could settle in for a while!
So long Melbourne, I've had a ball!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home