Ali's Adventures

Monday, November 20, 2006

Adelaide and Kangaroo Island

I know it's been forever since I've written, so I'll try to make this as interesting and as concise as possible so as not to bore you all stupid!
So Adelaide was emmm...ok. That's about all the enthusiasm I can muster I'm afraid! It's definitely not a city set up for backpackers and there's not even that much to see other than Haigh's chocolate factory and Glenelg beach and the shark museum down there! My only real purpose for going there was to visit Kangaroo island.


Kangaroo island itself is much much bigger than I was expecting, it's actually not that much smaller than Ireland. I was anticipating a Fraser island type island and I couldn't have been more off center! It's inhabited and all!! I did a 2 day trip to the island, which is definitely way too short to see it in, but the weather was so cold and wet while I was there that I was relieved that I didn't have to stay any longer! We saw a lot and it was a great group with a great night had by all as you can see from the photo's!
One of the best sights we saw while here was definitely the Remarkable Rocks. It's fascinating the way they are positioned on a cliff face!

Probably the best part of Adelaide was the Groovy Grape wine tour of the Barossa Valley. This was another full day of drinking and it was a great laugh!! Definitely to be recommended!!!

Sorry that I can't be more enthusiastic about this part of my trip, but it just didn't do that much for me compared to the rest of the country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home