Ali's Adventures

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bye bye South Island!

My time on the South Island has come to an end and all to quickly! This is the last picture of the tip of the South Island - Picton. I can't believe I was down there for almost 3 weeks, I felt like I was only arriving!! It really is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I will definitely go back. But for now it is back to the North Island and Wellington. Luckily, the ferry ride was nice and smooth again. We landed in a rather wet and windy Wellington at about 4.30pm. The next day was nice and wet too and I did nothing but relax and do a bit of shopping for heading to the sun as I had done all the sightseeing on my last visit here.

This morning we left Wellington in torrential rain and made our way back to Taupo (actually pronounced Topaw. It rained the whole way and we only got to see the very base of "Mt.Doom" when we passed Tongariro national park. The weather is not going to improve for the next few days so I am not going to get to do the Tongariro crossing afterall which is a bit annoying, but can't be helped. No skydiving for me this time round either!

So now I am totally up to date, which is a miracle considering how far behind I was!! I'll try to be more diligent in OZ!! All that's left for me to do now is to go back to Auckland and fly to Fiji on Saturday(8th July) for lots of sun and relaxing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home