Birthday Celebrations!
We headed to Rivervalley the day before my birthday where we were supposed to go white water rafting but it had been lashing rain all day so the river had flooded. The four usual suspects decided to go horse riding for the day instead and just as we got on the horses the sun came out and we had an amazing afternoon, really was great. The rest of the evening was quiet enough except for a very loud group of Americans having an Orgasm competition, but lets not get into that!!
When I woke up the next morning the girls had a card for me and the texts and phonecalls started flowing in (thank you everyone!) We headed off to Wellington then which took about 4hrs. When we arrived we decided to go shopping for a birthday present for me, but I was the only one who didn't end up buying anything! I was then sent back to the hostel under orders to relax and have a bath while the girls went food shopping and cooked me dinner, which was delicious. Then we hit Molly Malones where we had a very loud and drunken night. It was such a laugh. There was an Irish band playing and I had them all up trying to do Irish dancing, but it didn't look anything like it!! I'm sure everyone else thought that we were loopers!!

The night went so fast and then we had the job of trying to find our way back to the hostel, with Sarah insisting that it was one way and everyone else knowing that it was the other way!! The night ended with Sarah trying to climb into Thomas the cats cat-flap!! That just gives you some indication of how bad we were!!

There were a lot of sore heads the next morning, with Rikke and myself being the worst. We had organised to do the Te Papa museum this day, which is one of the biggest museums I have ever seen! It also had the Lord of the Rings exhibition on, which was absolutely amazing. So we spent 5 hours walking around this and I don't think any of us took a quarter of it in, we were just too wrecked! It was an early night that night and then up early the next morning to get the Ferry to the South Island.
When I woke up the next morning the girls had a card for me and the texts and phonecalls started flowing in (thank you everyone!) We headed off to Wellington then which took about 4hrs. When we arrived we decided to go shopping for a birthday present for me, but I was the only one who didn't end up buying anything! I was then sent back to the hostel under orders to relax and have a bath while the girls went food shopping and cooked me dinner, which was delicious. Then we hit Molly Malones where we had a very loud and drunken night. It was such a laugh. There was an Irish band playing and I had them all up trying to do Irish dancing, but it didn't look anything like it!! I'm sure everyone else thought that we were loopers!!

The night went so fast and then we had the job of trying to find our way back to the hostel, with Sarah insisting that it was one way and everyone else knowing that it was the other way!! The night ended with Sarah trying to climb into Thomas the cats cat-flap!! That just gives you some indication of how bad we were!!

There were a lot of sore heads the next morning, with Rikke and myself being the worst. We had organised to do the Te Papa museum this day, which is one of the biggest museums I have ever seen! It also had the Lord of the Rings exhibition on, which was absolutely amazing. So we spent 5 hours walking around this and I don't think any of us took a quarter of it in, we were just too wrecked! It was an early night that night and then up early the next morning to get the Ferry to the South Island.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home